Today we took Weilong to another neurosurgeon for a second opinion concerning his Chiari Malformation.
The second doctor agreed with the first doctor. Both urge us to have decompression surgery as soon as possible. Weilong's syrinx is extremely large, the doctor said Weilong has a "screamin syrinx". It is very "fat" and has even invaded the brainstem a little bit.
We have prayed about this ever since we found out about the CM. Before today's appointment we had decided that if the doctor agreed that surgery is necessary, we would go ahead and schedule it.
So, tomorrow I will call and schedule Weilong' surgery. We will try to schedule it for the week after the July 4th holiday.
One of the passages in our Pastor's sermon Sunday keeps going over and over in my spirit. It is from 2nd Chronicles chapter 20:
"For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You.”
Sometimes it feels like the whole world is arrayed against you. And fear threatens to overwhelm you. But, our eyes are firmly focused on the Lord. Believe me that doesn't mean that my emotions are not overwhelming at times, or that I am not shaking in my boots several times a day. But it does mean that I KNOW whatever happens to us on this earth, our God is in control and He loves us. Especially He loves little children like Weilong. I believe that Weilong will come through all this with flying colors and that he will lead a long healthy and very active life. He will always be surrounded by the love of God and the love of his family.
Monday, June 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the update on Weilong. I will continue to keep your little guy in prayer. I came across this scripture and thought I should share this with you.
James 5:13 (The power of prayer) Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, annointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offerered in faith will heal the sick and the Lord will make you well.
Praying for all of you during this time of trial in your lives. Please keep me posted.
Thanks, Ily
I have been thinking about you all and especially your little brave guy. Let us know how he is doing when you have a minute.
Post a Comment