Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Latest Medical Update

Great News! I finally took WL to the opthalmologist yesterday. I had been urged to do this by a couple of his other doctors. They were concerned that there was pressure on his optic nerve. But thank God this is not the case. The opthal. said that Weilong has 20/20 vision and the pressure is 100 percent normal. I think I actually laughed laughed with relief in his office. Weilong and I were giving each other the high 5 and saying "Thank you God", the doctor must have thought we were completely insane. Oh, how good it was to get a good report like that.

Then we went to see the endocrinologist and things are going well there also. Weilong is 46 inches tall now. The dr said he has grown 4 inches since we began growth hormone therapy on 12/7. And he weighs exactly 45 lbs. He looks very thin though. But he eats well and is healthy so we're not to worry about that. For now his dose of Genetropin remains unchanged. I am praying for another inch in growth by the year mark which will make 5 inches in one year. Weilong asked the dr if he could have two shots a day so he'd grow faster, but was denied. He said the kids at school are commenting because he is the smallest in his class. I'm afraid this is something he'll just have to deal with for now. I pray that he catch up with the others someday, but if he's always on the small side it's ok. His wonderful personalty goes a long way in winning friends for him. He loves life and loves people and it shows.

A very wonderful friend of mine (well of the whole family) is re-doing my floors. We have had an exciting week pulling up all the carpet. Now we are on bare concrete and almost all the furniture is in storage. She has started putting the base coat of skimstone on the floors. It's very exciting. And the sample part looks so wonderful. It will be so much easier to keep clean than carpet. And so much better on Julia's allergies and asthma. I can't wail til it's finished. I'll post pictures.

Weilong loves his teacher. He looks forward to school every day and is doing well. He is starting to enjoy reading. He wants to be a teacher when he grows up. He says his dad in China was a teacher.

Weilong has an MRI scheduled for the 23rd of the month. I am now looking forward to another good report. His headaches are so much less frequent. Maybe once a week now. I'm so thankful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad everything is looking up for your sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to read this good report!!!

(-:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for WeiLong - how nice it is to receive good news!! I'll keep you in my thoughts on the 23rd.

Nancy
aka Lian's mom