Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Dog

Weilong has been looking for a dog since he came to America. One just like his dog in China that got made into a rug. He would not settle for any other dog. He and I have spent lots of time looking on the internet with no success.

Well, he finally found a dog just like his best friend dog in China. It is half basset hound and half dachshund. He fell in love immediately. I think the dog loves him too cause he "kissed" him repeatedly.

The wonder dog belongs to Weilong's cousin in GA. And the good news is he is going to be a daddy next month. And Weilong's cousin, Nikki, graciously promised him one of the puppies. Weilong is in 7th heaven. He loved that dog so much that he wanted to switch families and go live with my sister and her family!

He promises to train the dog not to potty in the house. But he also insists that the dog must sleep in his bed with him. Now, I am not a dog person. Dogs are fine, I just don't like smelly animals in the house. But it looks like I am going to have to make some allowances here. Thank God for my friend who resurfaced my concrete floors. Much easier to clean up doggie accidents on hard surfaces than on carpet. I hope the doggie has as loving a personality as his doggy daddy.




No comments: