Friday, September 15, 2006

Guangzhou











Sorry, we were so busy in Guangzhou that I didn't get time to post. So, I'll just put up some pictures here. It was the normal GZ experience. Visa photos, physical exam, and consulatge appointment.

The boys loved our guide, Elvin. He was wonderful with them.

He translated some of WeiLong's comments to me and they are hilarious. The boys were so excited about their first flight. When we were finally in the van on the way to our hotel in GZ, they kept pointing out the window at the airplanes coming in for a landing. WeiLong insisted that the planes were so tiny, no way people could get on them! Then he asked why they were standing still in the air, not moving. We tried to tell him that they were moving, but so far away it was hard to tell. He would never believe us. We had to laugh at his insistence.

During the whole time we were in GZ, he insisted on sitting in the seat right behind the driver. And he kept talking to him. Elvin told us he was urging the driver to overtake every car on the road. He would say "You're no good. Go faster. Overtake that car. Faster, Faster". The poor driver. When we stopped at a traffic light, WeiLong couldn't understand why everyone was stopped. When the driver explained that we must all stop when the light was red, WEiLong said he was telling a lie! He told the driver "Bump that car in front of us, he'll move. If he doesn't, just bump him again, harder!". We laughed and laughed, even the good natured driver had to laugh.

WeiLong was so excited when we were finally going to get on our plane to go home. He couldn't wait to see his new Baba. I have never seen such excited little boys in my life. They made the long flight much more fun than it would have been otherwise.

I sat next to WeiLong and the girls sat just in front of us. I will admit that the long flight completely wore me out. I was very tired when we got to LAX. We passed through customs without any problems, but it was difficult getting everyone out of the international terminal and into the domestic departure area. We were so glad to see Jeri's husband, John. What a relief to have another adult to help guide us through the crowds and to take the little boys to the potty! We had a rather long layover in LA, and by the time our flight to Dallas was called I was totally exhausted.

That flight seemed to last forever! But we were so thankful it was our last one. The poor Riddicks had to rush off once we landed to catch their Austin flight.

I was so glad to see Gary! It is so good to come home after a long journey. To see you home and loved ones. To rest and talk with them. Just like Heaven, I think. Honestly, I think it will be like that when we finally enter the Pearly Gates. We will meet our loved ones who have gone on before us and have a wonderful time with them.

Guess you can tell we were all glad to be home! And it was made even sweeter by having our little WeiLong with us. What a precious little boy.

No comments: