Weilong and I had a talk last night. I started it by asking him how he feels since the surgery is behind us. He said "I feel good". I asked him to please elaborate. Well, I was so shocked at the difference in how he feels. He is not and never has been a child to complain so I wasn't aware of some of the symptoms. Here are the things he told me, hope I don't leave any out.
1) His head no longer hurts "all the time". He says it hurts zero now!
2) He no longer has trouble swallowing, doesn't choke all the time like he did before.
3) He is not sick to his stomach nearly every day like he was before. And doesn't vomit frequently like before.
4) He no longer has blurred vision and no longer sees double. Also his vision has not gone "black" since the surgery. And his eyes do not ache like they did before.
5) His hands and feet do not tingle like pins and needles or go numb like they used to. This used to keep him awake at night.
6) He feels better, doesn't feel tired all the time. (I could have told you that, he's all energy now.)
7) He still has leg pain, but he says it is not as bad as before. This seems to be his one remaining symptom. We're praying that it will go away as the syrinx shrinks.
I was so happy to hear all this that I almost cried. I had to make him repeat it all for me just because I loved hearing it! God is so good.
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Something about that little guy just makes me want to give him a big old hug!
oops - the ckp was me - Jeanne, HaiTing's mom. I didn't realize my daughter had signed in. Wei-Long would probably rather have a hug from her than me anyway, lol.
It's so great that you can to hear from his own mouth how much better he feels. Hopefully, his legs will get better and better.
Our son has just turned two and after displaying symptoms, was diagnosed with CM. We adopted him from the Philippines when he was 15months old. Limited history and the fact that he can't just tell me all that he feels makes the whole picture harder to tell.
This "Chiari" world we are just discovering can be a little scary!
Brandi
Post a Comment