Friday, July 28, 2006

7/28/06 (Friday)






The children slept til nearly 7am this morning. Poor little Wei Long says his tummy hurts. I think the food has been way too rich for him. So he ate very little breakfast, and even less lunch. But he did have a long visit in the bathroom so hopefully that helped him.

Julia’s hives are much better today. We have avoided having here even go near the seafood. I will try to get her benedryl later if the hives return, but I hesitate to give her any meds that I buy here.

We got Wei Long's passport and Chinese adoption paperwork today. I'm so glad that part of it is behind us. The assistand director came to our hotel room. Jeri and I both think he's very handsome. Maybe Wei Long will look something like him when he grows up? We spent the day in our room waiting on all the paperwork. It was late, about 5 when we got the paperwork from the notary.

All day long Wei Long felt a little sick. So I decided not to take him to the big restaurant on the 29th floor. Instead, I took the kids to the noodle shop on the second floor. I let Wei Long order for himself and it was a huge mistake. The little stinker ordered 4 plates of appetizer. And we also had a big bowl of fried rice and two huge bowls of soup. I thought the soup came in individual bowls, but boy was I wrong. The tab for this huge spread of food was only 127 yuan or about $16 dollars. It would have easily fed 3 or 4 more people. I was embarrassed over the waste, but I had no idea a bowl of noodle soup would be that huge. The appetizers Wei Long ordered were good choices, he just ordered way too much. We had a good laugh as the food was brought to our table though. Wish I had brought my camera.

I stopped by Jeri's room on the way back, and she was very sick. I don't know what to do for her. She had taken pepto and immodium, but her stomach is still very upset. I have brought Wei Fu to my room for the night. I told Jeri to call if I could help her in any way, but I think she just needs to sleep it off.

The boys are being boys right now. I'll try to say this delicately. A horrible smell is coming from their bed and they are both holding their noses and pointing to the other boy!! No language needed, huh?

I am fixing to turn out the lights and see if I can get them all to go to sleep. It's like a giant slumber party in here. That's right, me and 4 kids. I'm just going with the flow right now, letting them have fun and make memories. This day will never happen again so I'm just making the best of it that I can. I just feel so sorry for poor Jeri.

No comments: