I've been so busy the last couple of weeks. I forgot to update my blog with the results of Weilong's feet xrays.
The bones are not normal in Weilong's feet and ankles. We are not sure if anything can be done, but have an appointment in Feb to get a complete work up on his feet and legs. It takes so long to get appointments for things like this.
I believe this is the reason for Weilong's leg and feet pain. I think that is a good thing, because it is probably not the Chiari Malformation causing the pain. And the reason the pain has gotten worse over the past few weeks is that he is finally growing!
I got him some new shoes this week. And they are size 12. His old ones are size 9. We bought them just before school started. I actually bought him a size 10 to leave room for him to grow, but he was unhappy because they were too loose and made me return them for a smaller size. So he went from size 9 to size 12 since school started!!! I have heard that the feet are the first thing to grow, and now I believe it. He has only been taking growth hormone 2 weeks, not long enough to account for the growth. It must be that he pressure on his pituitary has been relieved (from the surgery) which is allowing it to function more normally.
Also, Weilong has grown a whole inch in height since the surgery. He is absolutely thrilled. All his pants are too short. I must get to the store and buy him more, but stores are so crowded right now. He only has one pair that will fasten, and they are too short. And he has gained 4 lbs. He weighed 39 lbs before surgery, now he weighs 43! Finally he will wear size 5, not 4t. We are so thankful he is growing, and he is so happy. He has stopped whining when he gets that daily shot, and tonight he hugged me over and over and gave me lots of kisses after the shot. He is just thrilled to be growing. He has promised Weifu that he will thrash him as soon as he is big enough! Weifu just laughs. He's not worried yet. But Weilong is busy planning all the jabs and punches he will bestow upon his brother as soon as he is big enough!
So, I believe that the quick growth spurt is causing Weilong's feet to hurt. The ankle bones are not level and he walks funny which puts a strain on his little legs. Also, there are some bones in the top of his feet that are fused, and the long bones leading to his toes are curved. All this makes him walk on the outside of his feet. I cannot imagine what they can do to fix this? But I know God has not brought us this far to let us down now.
The weather was too cold, damp, and windy for our annual visit to the live manger scene. This is twice in the last 9 years this has happened. But we couldn't risk everyone getting sick, so we didn't even try to go last weekend. The weather is so strange because it has been 70 degrees for the last couple of days. Wish it had been like that over the weekend. Too bad we can't control the weather, huh?
We are all looking forward to Christmas. Only a few more days now.
Friday, December 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment