Today we had a day to do whatever we wanted. So, we slept in til nearly 8. Poor Jeri still wasn't feeling very well, so I took all the kids swimming. Oh, my goodness, what a stir I made. One woman with 4 little Chinese kids and a little white boy. I could see everyone talking behind their hands. The new boys splashed in the hot tub and the older ones swam in the real pool. I just sat back and let the boys squabble all they wanted, ddidn't even try to shout across the room at them. They didn't do much more than splash each other in the face, so no harm done anyway. It's Sunday here and the pool was crowded, lots of families but none with more than one child (except me of course).
After all that swimming the kids were hungry so I took them to lunch, then back to our rooms for a rest.
The rest of the day was spent in just lounging around and packing stuff up. Wei Long seems to be at home with us, insisting on controlling the tvaa(like all men), and he always has to be the one to use the room key to open the door.
There's so much junk in the room, I'm afraid I'll forget something. We're supposed to have our bags picked up in the morning at 8am. So, I'm getting to bed early and will need to be up and showered with everyone dressed and the final packing done.
Wei Long is counting on his fingers now the days until he meets Baba. Gary, hope you're ready for this little fellow, he sure thinks a lot of you. He is known by name by all the hotel staff and has showed them on his fingers the number of days in Guanghou and then the day he will meet Baba. He's anxious to get home now, and so are the girls and I.
I'm thankful that no one else has gotten sick. I think Jeri must have gotten food poinening somehow.
Well, my next update will be from the White Swan! Can't believe we spent all this time planning and looking forward to this trip, and now we're just as anxiously looking forward to getting home.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, Sharon! You must be so tired! What a wonderful friend you have been to Jeri and Wei Fu. What would they do without you? Bless your wonderful, big heart. I wish with all my heart that I could be there with you.
Tons of hugs,
Jane
Post a Comment