Weilong vomited, had a headache, and felt bad all evening yesterday. But he was able to sleep very well last night, except for waking a couple of times with a bad headache. I gave him ibuprofen the first time and tylenol the second.
He awoke this morning with a headache, but it left after I gave him an ibuprofen. Shannon took us to lunch at Cheddars. He carried Weilong in and I brought a pillow for him. Weilong ate very well and we were so happy. When we got home I gave him a salt tablet and he immediately vomited.
I am not going to give those to him anymore. I'm just not. It seems like it is worse to vomit the pills and all his food than not to take the salt pills at all. I will continue to heavily salt his food though. I know he must have sodium, but if he promptly vomits it up, then it's useless to take it. He has been eating lots of chinese food with soy sauce, and I add salt to the food on his plate. I don't know what else to do.
Other than the vomiting he seems to feel better today than yesterday. He walks to the bathroom and to other rooms in the house. But cannot climb the stairs yet. Also, he cannot play on the floor or run around and play yet. But he is much better than last week. This recovery is going to take a while. The first surgery was 3/31, so it has been over a month. I'm thankful for the progress he's made, but still concerned about him. He is still so weak and very very thin. Please continue to hold him up in prayer. He who began a good work in Weilong will be faithful to complete it!
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Its so good to see him smiling!! I agree, I wouldnt give any more of the salt tablets either...I know gatorade and other sports drinks have sodium and electrolytes that are wonderful...I also read somewhere that drinking a cup of gatorade makes migraines go away..I've drank gatorade with every headache now...it does seem to help.
Hugs and prayers!
Kim
Post a Comment