It has been a strange weekend of ups and downs. A pattern seems to have developed. Weilong wakes up each morning crying with a terrible headache. It takes several hours for it to dissipate. We give him tylenol and ibuprofen, and sometimes even lortabs. I don't know why, but sleeping seems to give him a headache, even naps.
After a few hours, the headache goes away. Sometimes it still hurts a little bit, but not so bad that he lays on the bed or sofa. He is able to play with the others for hours in the evenings.
Our little man has developed a bit of an attitude though. He is mad. He says that the others can run and play and he cannot. He is angry about that. They are so good to him and play things he likes. Today they let him spray water at them with a spray bottle as they ran past him and tried to dodge the spray, in the back yard of course. He really enjoyed that. He is still too weak and wobbly to run, but is getting much better at walking. He can walk outside by himself now an sit in a lawn chair. He can dip his feet into the pool, but he is so thin that it makes him too cold. The others are enjoying this, but kindly stopped when they saw that it upset him.
He only vomited once this weekend, Sat evening. But today, Sunday, he ate very well several times and kept it all down. No salt pills. Thanks to advice from Melissa I am giving him canned soup and other foods high in sodium instead.
None of us went to church today. Weilong woke me up crying with a headache. I gave him ibuprofen and he fell back asleep for an hour. But then he woke up crying again so I carried him to the sofa. I was not able to calm him down, so I asked Gary to stay home with me. I just couldn't handle it by myself, I was too tired. And it is so painful for me to see him cry with pain. Gary got him to eat a little bit and gave him half a lortab. About one o'clock we kind of made him go outside. He balked, but we knew he would feel better if he got off the couch. For a while he was just plain ornery, but soon he perked up and enjoyed himself. I worry that he plays too many video games, but that's something he can do indoors and it isn't physical. Also, it occupies his mind and keeps him from being very bored.
Overall I think he is improving. Slowly, but surely. If only those mean old headaches would go away. I admit I'm a bit concerned because the surgery was on 3/31 and he's still having pain. Not from the surgical area, but the front of his head around his eyes. One good thing, he has not complained of leg pain for a couple of days!
I will try to take pictures of his incision tomorrow and post them. It seems to be healed nicely, but there is still some swelling, especially on the right side, the side that his head hurts on mostly.
Now for the best news. He weighs 39 lbs! He's gaining a little bit. Even with the vomiting, he's still gaining.
Thank you for all your prayers dear friends and family.
Monday, May 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment