Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturday, He's EATING!






Finally, Weilong has got an appetite. Until tonight I have not been able to get him to eat anything except soup. Good, nourishing soup made lovingly by our church family. But you know how us mothers are, we worry if our children don't eat like we think they should.

But tonight Weilong had supper twice. He loved the meatloaf and mashed potatoes so much, he had to eat again two hours after his first supper! He wants me to learn how to make meatloaf like this, so I guess I'm in for some cooking lessons. Steak soup and meatloaf will now be on my list of his favorite meals.

We kept Weilong quiet today, even got him to take a nice long 2 hour nap this afternoon. The swelling is much less today, all but gone. And Weilong is beginning to turn his head a little from side to side. He gets tired easily, but is his normal self between times of resting. He even went outside for a few minutes today. His best friends from church visited him and he was so glad to see them. We are overwhelmed with love and support from the most wonderful church on the planet.

Tonight Weilong had his first shower. The doctor had told me he could take one earlier this week, but he refused to get his head wet. He feels so much better after that shower.

One more good thing to share. I have been sleeping with Weilong, and I realized last night that he is not making those choking sounds during the night. He is resting much better. Before the surgery he had problems breathing at night. Thank God, I will not need to worry about him anymore while he sleeps.

Tonight Weilong says his pain is 2 on a 1-10 scale. That's pretty good. We decided not to take him out of the house until Wed or Thursday of this coming week, just to make sure he doesn't get any germs in that healing incision. There is no bandage, the doctor told us to leave it open and it would heal more quickly. Also, Weilong needs to lay his head down frequently and we don't want to put any undue pressure on the neck area.

We have an appointment with the endocrinologist next Friday. I hope they start Weilong on the growth hormone then. He has so much catching up to do. He is very excited about life. The hard part is over and he is so happy because he thinks he can start to grow now!!

No comments: