

I was a bit worried about the swelling around Weilong's incision last night. He looked in the mirror and said "Mom, something wrong, my head is too big". But I think he just did too much. He was so glad to be home. And he played with the other children and even sat at the table for supper. So the swelling was pretty bad.
But this morning a lot of it has gone down, thank God. Weilong went to bed about 10:15 and slept soundly all night long. He woke up at 8 this morning and said he was in some pain, so I gave him 1/2 of a tylenol with codine. I think that was a mistake because he has been dozing all morning long on the sofa. I think I should not have given it on an empty stomach. For the rest of today I will try to give him ibuprofen or just plain tylenol, nothing with codine. Hopefully that will control his pain.
The cats are so glad to see everything back to normal. They are following me from room to room. They even stayed on the very edge of the kitchen while I mopped the floor. They hate the smell of pine sol and usually run like crazy when I get the mop out. But not today. Now they are laying on the floor, gazing up adoringly at me as I type, piney smell and all.
There is absolute silence in the house so that Weilong can rest. So all is well.
---------------later--------
Weilong woke up and is very sore. It hurts him to move. The doctors told me to expect this soreness. I spoonfed him a cup of soup, thanks Sherry, and gave him a sponge bath. He is not in any real pain, but is still laying on the sofa because it hurts to move. I pray that this soreness subsides soon. He also has a raspy voice and is coughing a bit from the tube that was put down his throat from surgery.
So things are going well, just a bit of soreness. Weilong is much slower today than yesterday, but I was told to expect that too. I think we'll just take it slow and easy today.

No comments:
Post a Comment