Monday, October 08, 2007

Surgery today

Weilong had a hard time last night. I let all the kids stay up late, but finally about 10pm I put them to bed. He was fin up until then. He made sure to hug each one and tell them he'd miss them.

I took a sleeping pill and hopped into bed myself. Well, a little after 11 Julia came into our room and said Weilong was crying.

Poor little man, he said he was so scared. It took me a while to comfort him. And he just couldn't go to sleep. So, we had a contest. Which ever one of us went to sleep first would get $5 from Daddy in the morning. Finally, about 12:30 he fell asleep. I just slept with him all night to make sure he was ok.

I promised him everything would be ok, and told him I have had several surgeries and I'm fine, so will he be. I finally fell asleep myself. I know that God is in control. I'm strangely calm this morning after the weepiest weekend I have ever had. I hid my emotions from the children as best I could.

Well, I'm getting things ready to go. I must leave in less than an hour. I have to wash Weilongs head and neck with some special soap before we leave.

I'll update this blog on Tuessday when I come home for a quick shower. Weilong isn't happy that I need to come home for an occasional shower, but he consented as long as his daddy stays with him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharon, I will check back tomorrow. I am praying that Wei-long is resting comfortably and that everything went great. Give Wei-long a big hug from his Mama's email friend.

Jeri said...

We've been thinking about your family and praying for you. Post when you can. Wish we were closer to help out.
Jeri