Weilong had a follow up appointment with the neurosurgeon today. He's doing great. We knew it, but it was reassuring to hear the official opinion.
We have another follow up appointment in a month. Until then Weilong still cannot have recess or PE, but he can go to school all day long if he feels like it. He can go outside at recess, but no running or playing on the playground equipment or contact sports. Goodness, how in the world do you enforce that?
Weilong didn't have any pain today for the first time since surgery! The dr told us his stitches will fall out by themselves within the next week or so. They itch a little and bother Weilong. The incision looks great. I'll try to get him still enough to take a picture today.
He's become very active in the last couple of days and it's almost impossible to keep him from running, jumping, climbing and tumbling over. I'm trying not to be so overprotective, but it's hard.
Weilong still wants me to sleep with him, so I'm afraid he's just a little spoiled! What a little turkey. He's so sassy. One good thing that has come of this whole experience is that Weilong has bonded even closer with Gary and me. I knew that he loved and trusted us before, but now it's even greater. We can tell that he totally trusts us to take care of him, no reservations at all. And he loves to tease us. He never enters the room without giving Gary a punch on the arm, or a karate kick. And he still calls me his "little monkey". I don't know where he got that. I'm not little and I don't have anywhere near the agility of a monkey!
We played hangman while waiting for the doctor today. Guess what Weilong's puzzle was? "I love Mommy". Isn't he sweet?
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awww, such a cutie. Tell Wei-long that I think he is one sassy, cute little monkey himself!
Good luck on the playground issue. If it was me, I would just have him stay inside at recess. Could he do something really fun like play computer or something?
Post a Comment