I don't know what's wrong with me today. I'm weepy. I just cannot seem to control myself. This is the way I was when my daddy passed away. I am walking around like a zombie trying to get things done and to have a normal day, and tears just keep streaming down my face. I told the kids I didn't feel well and sent them to the game room to watch a movie. I simply must get control. I hate being weak like this.
My family is rallying around me like they always do during a crisis. My oldest son is working this weekend so that he can take off next week and stay with the children while Gary and I are at the hospital. There is no school Monday so he will be here all day with them. No problem, they love him dearly and are looking forward to spending the day with him. He'll have to take Julia to get her allergy shot though. I am a bit worried about homework next week. The girls have tons of it every night. And all their notebooks have to be signed off by someone, usually me. Think I'll write a note to the teachers.
I think I'll take the kids out for Chinese food in a little bit. Weilong loves potstickers. Then I'm going to get him an art poster that he has been wanting. He can color it next week when he's feeling better and needs something quiet to do. I promised him that he could be the "boss" for a couple of weeks after he gets home. He is so excited about this. He is thinking up things he wants to do, and things he wants me to cook for him. Well, that will be a change. the poor little kids have had to exist on ramen noodles, hot dogs,and canned soup this week. I have had absolutelly no interest in cooking. And my normally clean kitchen is so cluttered and untidy.
That's what I'll do, clean house like a madwoman. No one can have tears streaming down their face as they scrub toilets and mop floors, right???
Saturday, October 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sharon,
My Mom would have been 70 years old on October 6th. She passed away in 1994. I still miss her just as much, but it gets easier as time goes on. You have a lot on your shoulders this week and I bet your are just plain worn down. I will be praying for you all as your brave little man goes through his surgery.
Big hugs to you!! Jeanne
Post a Comment