





Weilong is doing so well. I don't know why this surprises me, I knew God would take care of him all along, but I had heard so many bad things and things that could go wrong. Then there's that terrible talk and piece of paper you must sign telling you all the risks. After signing that on Friday, I couldn't do anything but cry all weekend. And I must tell you all that I took a little help in the form of a pill on Monday morning. I just had to have something to calm my nerves. I couldn't let Weilong see me with tears streaming down my face as they wheeled him away.
We undoubtedly have the most wonderful church family in the world. Many of them came up to the hospital and stayed with us through the whole thing. I didn't realize what a comfort this would be. My natural tendency is not to want anyone around when I'm upset or emotional. But having those people there was absolutely the best thing that could have happened. I know that they love us, they have been praying for Weilong since long before we even got home from China with him. And I don't even care if they see me cry anymore, so there!
Weilong was in some pain yesterday, but he kept wanting to see his brother and sisters. And he wanted me to bring him something to eat. So, Gary stayed with him for the whole afternoon. I came home, slept a couple of hours, then brought the kids and Chinese take-away to the hospital. They had taken Weilong out of PICU and put him into a regular room about 5pm. Well, you should have seen him light up when he saw the kids. He had to hug each of them, and show them his scar and his iv needles, and tell them all about everything.
He got out of bed and walked down the hall with them. And then he made them all sit on his bed and they played UNO. It was touching to see the love these 4 kids shared. Gary and I just sat looking at them and smiling, knowing Weilong will be ok now.
It was had for Weilong when they all had to go. But he slept so well last night. They took him off the morphine and he had tylenol with codine alternating with ibuprofin. Of course they came in and woke him up every couple of hours to take his vitals and make him pee. He was mad at them for that. I stayed with him again, but was able to get some sleep since he wasn't throwing up.
We got home about 3 pm today. Weilong shouted with joy as we pulled up at the house. He was so glad to get home.
A wonderful friend from church just brought dinner to us. What a blessing that is. I didn't get a chance to eat today, and had begun to feel a bit starved. And I didn't have time or energy to cook supper, so it was the most wonderful thing to have a hot meal brought to our home. Can I just say one more time how good it is to have a loving church family.
Things are winding down for the night here. The children are fed, homework is done, and they're watching Home Alone II. Weilong has some swelling in the incision area that has me a bit concerned, but he's active and his pain is under control. I have a bed for him in the gameroom so he can be with the other children. He plays a while, then lays down a while. I will sleep with him for the next couple of nights at least to make sure he's ok.

1 comment:
What a blessing to see that smile on his face. I pray he continues to heal well. God is GREAT and hears us when we call!!
Post a Comment