Monday, April 21, 2008

Counting my blessings

Weilong just fell asleep. And I need to stop a moment and think of all the good reports before the pain of today wipes me out completely.

1) The shunt is OUT. And the doctor is very positive about Weilong being able to do without it. Remember, nothing has drained out of it since last Sunday, over a week ago. And Weilong could not go home until the shunt was removed, so we're one step closer to home.

2) The headaches and vomiting are probably caused by a combination of two things. The anesthesia. He always gets sick after that. And the loss of csf from the shunt removal. The dr told us he is not surprised by the headaches and vomiting because of the csf loss.

3) God is still God and still loves Weilong. Even though I am at my very very weakest point today, HE is strong. I can take comfort from that fact.

4) I am thankful for the love and support of my friends and family.

5) His mercies are new every morning.

Now, I'm going to take a little cat nap while I listen to the soft snore of Weilong. And when he wakes up and needs me, I'll be here, ready to comfort him and pray for him. My pastor stopped by earlier and prayed for us.

1 comment:

Blessthishome said...

Bless your hearts...still praying here for both of you...you are a wonderful mom! You did good getting the IV for him...makes total sense if the poor baby cant hold anything down to give him an IV so he can rest and hold things down.

You mentioned him loosing CSF...going to look that up, dont know what it is but praying for him to get better so you all can go home this week and your precious baby will be smiling again soon.

Hugs and Prayers,
Kim