Weilong is finally out of ICU! He got moved into a regular room yesterday. He is having a problem with some pretty tough head pain, please continue to pray for him. He is sleeping well right now
So many things have happened and I am so tired that I'm afraid I'll never remember the sequence of events. But I'll take a stab at it.
We tried not to re do the temporary shunt last week. But it was very obvious that WEilong was in distress. It has been heartbreaking to see him in such pain. I hope I never have to witness anything as heartbreaking again. It is the worst thing imaginable to see your son screaming in pain and there is nothing you can do.
I was a bit relieve to know that the bleeding from his little scalp was not the reason the shunt failed. The ct scan revealed that there was bleeding inside, around the shunt site. We were assured that it was impossible for this to be caused by pulling the outside of the tube. This blood had stopped up the shunt. So, Weilong was rushed back to surgery. But not before he was screaming with pain and vomiting. Gary and I stayed in Weilong's room while the surgery was performed. They decided to put the tubing under his little scalp and make an exit point on his little chest. They also inserted a feeding tube. I was so upset that I could only sit beside him, hold his little hand and cry quietly. I'm glad he was asleep and in no pain.
The main reason I was so upset was that the surgeon said he was displeased with the new shunt placement. He said it just didn't feel right to him and that he would probably have to replace it the next day.
Sorry, gotta take care of my precious boy for a minute. Will continue later.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so glad to hear that WeiLong is out of ICU. I cannot imagine what you all have been through, but I hope that you are now over the worst of it.
big hugs,
Jeanne
So thankful he is out of ICU...I know you are too.. Continuing to lift you both up several times a day in prayer.
Hugs,
Kim
Post a Comment