Weilong slept thru the night with morphine at 12 and 4:30 am. He is allowed shots every two hours, so they said he was doing good. His vitals are good, but his head hurts very badly. And the pain seems to be getting worse. He talked in his sleep, calling for Julia and Lisa.
They came for us at 5 for a CT scan. We're waiting on the surgeon to come in and look at it. They are usually here by 7:30, sometimes 7am.
My unprofessional opinion: Weilong needs that shunt a while longer. I am greatly encouraged that his body seems to be dealing with the csf as well as it is, but that swelling and blood clot need to go down more. He cannot live with pain like he's had this night. I'm grateful that the morphine is working, but he cannot live on morphine for the next few days. And it is pretty bad when it wears off. I'm concerned that the pressure is too great and may cause damage if left in there.
If they decide to put in another shunt, I will not be able to update this blog until afterwards. Please keep Weilong in your prayers. God has promised never to leave us or forsake us, and never to put more on us than we can bear. I feel His strength within me this morning, but I long for Weilong to be well and at home. He keeps begging to go home.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment