Thursday, April 17, 2008

Puppy??

Weilong has always wanted a puppy. He said he had 3 dogs and 1 cat in China. We have resisted because it is hard enough keeping the house clean now and I don't fancy having doggy doo in my floor.

Here's what Weilong did.

While waiting for surgery we watched Lady and the Tramp on the hosp tv. It brought back all Weilong's longing for a puppy. He asked me again if he could have one. I wimped out and told him he would have to ask Dad. I knew Gary would say no. Well, the little stinker waited til after the unexectedly long surgery which required 3 pints of blood. And the first thing he did was hoarsely call for Gary. "Dad, don't go yet. I have a question." Course Dad leaned in close and listened to the whispered question. "Can I please have a puppy?" My tough husband melted like a cube of ice on an August day in Texas. He said yes, if Weilong would promise to take care of the puppy and clean up after it.

Now Weilong is trying to decide what kind of puppy he wants. He wants a small dog which is nice because TX is too hot for a doggy to stay outside in the summer and I just couldn't stand a large dog inside.

Any suggestions on a small dog that is good with children are welcome. My house will never smell the same again. But my boy will be happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon -

Looks like WeiLong is on the road to recovery!! What timing - that is one smart boy.

We have two Bichon Frise that are excellent with the girls - but a lot of work grooming.

Try www.petfinder.com It has advice on "what breed is best for you" etc. Nancy

Blessthishome said...

Praising God for the headaches going away and the appetite coming back and sodium level being normal...praying you all get to go home soon!!