

Weilong had a good day today. He has a headache, but motrin and just a bit or the lortabs are making it bearable for him. Sometimes he is pain free for a while. I'm so thankful for those times. No crying today from pain. No vomiting.
He is able to eat and keep down regular food. I'm letting him eat anything and everything he wants. He's the boss.
He enjoyed reading the cards and opening gifts that people have sent to him. I wish I had gotten a picture of all our kids gathered around this big pile of stuff in the middle of the boys' room floor. I could hear them excitedly opening things and reading things for a long time. But I was zonked on the couch and enjoying the sound of those happy voices with my eyes closed. Such a peaceful time it was for me. I loved hearing them all talking and playing together. I haven't been home for a while and was shocked at the number of cards and gifts he had received. I would like to thank everyone personally, but am afraid the kids may have made that impossible by mixing up everything. Weilong asked me how everyone knew he was sick? And why do people in America love him and send him things? I don't think he knows how sweet he is, though I tell him all the time.
I got him into the tub and gave him a good bath tonight. I was shocked at how thin he is. I have never seen a body this emaciated. It really scares me. He looked in the mirror and said he looks like a bone. He's right. His little underwear slides down his hips. You can see every rib and really every bone in his tiny body. I am urging him to eat as much as he can five or six times each day. Trying to get him to eat nutritious foods as possible and giving him drinks that are high in nutritional suplements. I think I'll call his pediatrician Monday and see if he has any suggestions. Tomorrow I'm going to get some boost and mix it with ice cream to make him milkshakes.
Weilong is sleeping now, so I think I will too. I have several pictures I need to upload but am just too tired. I will try my best to upload them tomorrow. I feel worse now than after those long trips to China. Like jet lag or getting over the flu or something. But it is so healing to be home. Weilong needs lots of rest and good food and I am so happy he can get them now. He hated the hospital. It's so nice not to hear him crying to go home.
God is GOOD. He's watching over my boy. He's brought us through a very difficult situation. He's see us through to the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment