The neurosurgeon has decided to wait until Monday to remove the temporary shunt. He says there is a little more fluid in Weilong's ventricles than he wants to see there. He also says Weilong has been through a whole lot in the last couple of weeks and he doesn't want to rush things.
Weilong is so disappointed. He's bored, tired, and wants to go home. His head hurts just a little he says. But almost the only thing I can get him to say is I want to go home. Still very whiny. I don't blame him at all. I'd be more than whiny.
I gave him a quick sponge bath and put some normal pj's on him. They took out his IV. Then they cleaned and changed the dressing on the little shoulder port which was pretty painful for him. I had taken him for a spin in the wheelchair earlier, so I have urged him to nap a little bit right now. Then he'll have a bite of lunch and I'm sure he'll feel much better.
Gary stayed here with him last night and let me get a little sleep. For some reason I didn't rest well. I guess I was just concerned about Weilong.
My refrigerator decided to stop working. It did this about a month ago, I called a repairman and when he got there it was working fine. So I got a nice big service call charge for nothing. But this time we unplugged it, waited a while and plugged it back in. It has been over 24 hrs and it still won't run. Shannon is going to sit with him while I look at new ones.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment