Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wed Night






We had a good day today! Weilong isn't in the best of moods, but he is eating and taking his meds orally thank God. He had salt tabs today and didn't vomit them up. It took a truly heroic effort on his part though. And he must take more in about 2 hrs, then again at 6 in the morning. He doesn't know yet, I thought I'd spare him the anxiety.

Gary brought the other kids up and we all had a meal together in the cafeteria. It was so good to just eat together. Weilong is much better when the others are here. He talks and plays with them and life seems normal again.

Then we had a wonderful surprise when we returned to our room. Weilong's best friend at school, Zach and his family came to visit. And they came bearing gifts. But the best gift of all was just seeing Zach. Weilong tells me every day that I pick him up from school that Zach is his best friend. It was hard for him this year because Joseph didn't get in his class. I'm so glad Weilong has wonderful friends like those two boys. Weilong shared a secret with Zach. He wants me to take him to school Friday or Monday and shock the whole class. It will just be a short visit, but he has been planning and dreaming of it for days. He swore Zach to secrecy. I will have to check with Mrs Wolff to see if it is ok, but I think it will be fine. I'm not sure if Weilong will return to school much this year. The neuro told me the headaches will persist for the next month, until his body has absorbed (can't remember the word he used) the blood in his little brain.

He has had pain today, but it is manageable. I hate to see him with a headache most of the day. But the doctors think it will be temporary. And I believe they are right.

So, if all goes well tonight, and I believe it will, we are headed home tomorrow. I wonder how early I can get them to release him. Hopefully before the other kids get home from school. Weilong is still saying "I wanna go home" every 5 minutes. Honestly, it's driving me insane. But it is much better than hearing him cry in pain, so I don't think I'll complain too much.

I haven't had the chance to take many pictures over the last few days. I'm utterly exhausted and Weilong is very demanding. I know it's hard to believe, but he is. But mainly it's me. I am so tired that I don't think I could stand to be here much longer. I actually feel like I have the flu. I know I don't, but every bone in my old body aches. I think I just need a few good nights of sleep. And the weekend is coming up so I think I'll get it!

I pray that Weilong gets a good sleep tonight. I just got them to give him a Lortab because his little head is hurting pretty good. If we have to take morphine, then he will not get to go home tomorrow.

Maybe my next post will be from home!

1 comment:

Blessthishome said...

Praying you all get a good nights sleep and Wei Long feels much better tomorrow and you all get to go home!