He feels a bit better today, Thank God.
He actually has the tv on. Yesterday it was a darkened room with no sound at all. And he just complained that there is nothing good to watch on TV! He's right of course.
Last night we both got some sleep. Weilong got morphene about 10 pm, and he also vomited about 10 pm. But he was feeling a bit better because he talked with me until about 11 when we both decided we could sleep a little. He was telling me all about kindergarten last year and remembering the things they did in class. He said they could either have a snack or play on the computers. He said he loved the computers better than snacking. No wonder he's so skinny! He weighed 20.2 k when we got here and about 3 days ago it was 17.4. I tell him he must eat 5 times a day when I get him home.
So, we slept pretty good until about 3am when he needed another dose of pain meds. But that was good because all day yesterday he needed it every 3 hours. Now for the best news, he has not asked for morphine since then and that was 6 hours ago.
All yesterday he had to use the little plastic urinal in bed, but this morning he let me pick him up and stood beside the bed to use it! He was shaking, but he stood up for a few minutes. I was so happy.
I have raised the head of his bed a little bit also. Yesterday he needed it flat with his feet elevated a bit. Read up on low csf pressure headaches if you get a chance, cause that's what he had. So far the raised bed isn't making his headache any worse. He says it still hurts, but doesn't want any meds for it. The morphine gives him very bad dreams and he wants to stay awake.
I made a deal with the PA today. If they will not make Weilong take any meds orally, I will get him to drink and eat a little bit. They came in very early this morning urging him to try and take those dang salt tablets. He is so afraid he'll vomit that he doesn't even want to take a sip to drink. And they have to bring up those nasty old tablets.
Also, they are going to stop waking him so often during the night. He complains bitterly every time they come into our room.
I'm sure this is way more detail than anyone wants to know. But after the awfulness of yesterday, I just couldn't help writing the good stuff.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment