Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wed Morning

Wonderful News! Weilong may get to go home tomorrow. He has a headache still, but not too bad. About a 2 on a scale of 1-10. And he keeps repeating "I want to go home".

The PA for neurosurgery came in and was pleased with how things are going. She said that WL can go home tomorrow if he doesn't vomit today and if his pain is controlled with oral meds. But the endocrinologist has the final word. Weilong's sodium (salt) level has been low and he has not been able to tolerate the salt pills.

This morning he ate 3 french toast sticks. Then he bravely swallowed 5 pills, including something for low thyroid hormone, something for upset stomach, something to keep his body from loosing salt, a mulitvitamin, and a motrin. After the nurse left he told me his stomach hurt from all that medicine. I tried my best to distract him. Please God, don't let him start vomiting again.

About an hour later the endo came in and said Weilong can go home tomorrow if he takes all his meds today and doesn't vomit. Oh, Happy Day. He said when we get home I am to give Weilong one full teaspoon of salt a day all at one time. He may eat it on tomatoes, or his favorite, Watermelon. Also he doubled the levoxyl for thyroid. I know it will be hard for a while, but Weilong can surely eat that teaspoon of salt with something.

No comments: