


Weilong had a great day today. He wanted that feeding tube out so badly that he ate three meals. And drank everything they asked him to drink.
He was a bit grouchy, well more than a bit, but who wouldn't be. Shannon and the girls stayed with him while I went home for a nap. He wasn't very happy with me for leaving him, but an old woman needs her beauty rest. The girls played video games and cards with him and kept him occupied. He also had a few visitors from church and loved seeing them.
He ate the two required meals and started demanding the feeding tube come out. They waited hours to remove it, sometime after supper. He said it hurt real bad. But he was glad to get it out.
They brought him a large milkshake that he had to drink before bedtime. He bravely drank most of it. Such a sweet good little boy.
Then he said the shunt was bothering him so they wanted him to take liquid motrin. I don't know why I let them give that to him. He has never been able to take liquid meds without vomiting. And sure enough, he vomited as soon as he swallowed that motrin. A lot. And it made his head hurt terribly. He cried because he thought they would put the feeding tube back in. But I promised him I wouldn't let them as long as he could still eat and drink. They had to give him a little morphine because of the terrible headache and he slept for a couple of hours. Morphine gives him bad dreams, so we are awake now. He's feeling fine. I'm putting up several pictures of him. Notice the big smile on the one without the feeding tube.
The days are beginning to run together for me now. I cannot remember what day things happened on. I talked with Shannon on the phone and he said I told him the same thing 3 times. Maybe I'm getting alzheimers.
Maybe we'll get out of ICU tomorrow? Weilong wants to go home very very bad. So do I. Please continue to pray that the shunt is temporary.
OK, Weilong just cracked me up. He's talking 90 miles an hour while I'm typing. He said "Yesterday the said you're not eating eating. And I said, Why are you not giving me food?" We both laughed. It's true, they had him on a liquid diet and he was in surgery three times so he really had not had a chance to eat. Such a smart boy, you cannot get anything over on him!
Leaving NO Doubt

No comments:
Post a Comment