



Weilong is so glad to be home. Yesterday was wonderful. He watched some TV and played video games with his brother and sisters. He had headache, but the oral meds controlled it. He and I went to bed about 11 pm (finally) and he was still asleep when I got up at 7 this morning.
He wanted to sleep in, so I let him. Then about 7:45 he started yelling and crying and holding his head. Suddenly his head had started hurting him and woke him up. I was so anxious to help him that I promptly gave him a Lortab. After about half and hour he was asleep again, and slept for about 2 hrs.
Then he woke up and promptly vomited, which made his head hurt very bad again. I think the problem was that I gave him the Lortab on an empty stomach. So, all day he was in pain and I think he vomited 4 times. Once I got an ibuprofen to stay down for about an hour. I have tried to get him to drink all day. He got down some chicken broth about 2 and I thought it was safe to give him half a Lortab. Wrong. He vomited within 60 seconds. Up came all the broth, but no sign of the pill. I think it may have stayed down because he slept for a couple of hours after that.
He began to wake up every once in a while and I gave him sips of pedialite. He didn't like it but I threatened to take him back to the hospital if he couldn't drink a little.
Finally about 8 he woke up and was in no pain at all. He came into the living room and wanted a breakfast burrito. We were afraid it would make him sick, but he kept begging so we finally got it for him. He ate it quickly and wanted more. We made him wait half an hour and fixed him another. He ate it all and wanted more food. We said he must wait at least half an hour. He laughed and joked and teased me like normal. I got him to take another ibuprofen.
Then, just as quickly and the pain went away, it came back. Not as fierce, but enough to put him back on the sofa with his pillow and blanket. Now we're all watching the Wiggles with him, all of us. Everyone wants to be right in the room with him and we are all praying that the headache leaves again. I'm afraid to give him another Lortab though he can have one every 4 hours.
If he isn't eating and drinking normally tomorrow I will have to take him back to the hospital. He is so skinny.
What a wild roller coaster ride it has been. The doctor told me he would have headaches for the next month as his body absorbed the blood in and around his little brain. I hope they get fewer and less severe. This is no fun. But at least we're home, much better than that old hospital. God has brought him this far, he will not leave us now. He will complete the work He has started in our boy.
I'll upload the pictures I took of him eating those burritos in a little bit. He even gave me some very big smiles. They are for you, Mrs Wolff. He is sorry he was asleep when you stopped by.

1 comment:
So thankful you all are home! Praying he can eat and drink and have a good day tomorrow.
Kim
Post a Comment