Well, we're stuck in ICU for at least another day. Weilong is resting right now. They made him take an anti nausea pill this morning and he promptly vomited it up. He told us that pill made him sick, but they insisted.
We waited about 15 minutes and he was able to eat about half an envelope of oatmeal and a piece of bacon. The doctors and nurses are not impressed and there is talk of reinserting the feeding tube. But I'm resisting for now. Let's wait til lunch and see if he can eat more. He was such a little trouper yesterday and ate a lot. I think he may have overdone things because he is so tired today.
The output from the shunt was pink all night, indicating blood from somewhere. But just now it is turning back to it's normal color. Weilong is always in pain when the fluid is pink, the darker it gets the worse his pain is.
We asked if he could get up and into a wheelchair today, but the neurosurgeon said absolutely not. He must stay in the bed for now.
I'll update more later. I like having internet access in this boring old room.
BTW, Weilong didn't go to sleep til 3:30 this morning.
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi Sharon, Wei Long,
I have been reading your blog everyday to check on Wei Long. We are praying for you, Wei Long & your family. Hope to see Wei Long back to school soon!! We miss seeing his smiling face.
Take care,
Joseph & Family.
MayMay is sending a great big hug for WeiLong and WeiLong's mom! This is a special hug because Jesus is inside this hug! I pray for you, Wei Long, that you will know that Jesus holds your hand all the time, but especially every time you have to take medicine. I love you and will see you soon.
Love, MayMay
Hi Sharon,
Praying for you and Wei Long. Praying you can get your sweet boy to a regular room today.
Blessings,
Kim in Alabama
Post a Comment